Meeting was convened at 5:00 p.m. by Chairman Majikes
ITEM 1 Chairman Majikes called the meeting to order at 5:00 p.m.
Absent but accounted for: Chris Thomas, Danielle Adams, Jeff Gregory, Pat Sheehan, Bill King, Jay Starnes, Mike Costanza
Visitors Present: Don Rogers (District Solicitor), Marty Lawler
ITEM 2 Following discussion, a motion was made by Frank Galicki, seconded by Joe Farrell, to rescind the motion of the March 28, 2012 meeting regarding the placing of Wilkes-Barre GAR on probation. All Ayes
A motion was made by Mike Ognosky, seconded by Eric Emmerich, approving the revised minutes of the March 28, 2012 meeting. All Ayes
The revised minutes of the March 28, 2012 meeting will now be placed on the District II website at www.piaad2.org
A motion was made by Mike Ognosky, seconded by Frank Galicki, establishing a hearing date and time with personnel from Wilkes-Barre GAR High School in order to formally review the disqualifications of players from PIAA sponsored athletic events during the 2011-2012 school year. The hearing date will be May 9th at 4:30 p.m. at the Wilkes-Barre Career & Technology Center. All Ayes
ITEM 3 Frank Victor presented the Treasurer’s Report as of April 11, 2012. The total Certificates of Deposit are $72,855.05 and the total Savings and Checking Account balance is $82,171.39, making the Fund Balance as of April 11th a total of $155,026.44. Frank then reviewed the final report following the completion of the District II Basketball Playoffs. Total receipts for the playoffs totaled $83,364; total expenses were $42,440, and net income was $40,924. A total of $10,533 was distributed to District II member schools as the school shares.
ITEM 4 Chairman Majikes reminded the Committee members that there will be an eligibility hearing at the request of Wyoming Seminary at the May 9th District II meeting. The hearing will begin promptly at 5:30 p.m. at the Wilkes-Barre Area Career & Technology Center.
ITEM 5 The following spring sports reports were given:
· Baseball (Frank Majikes): Baseball Chairman, Frank Majikes, reviewed the format for the upcoming District II Baseball Playoffs. A motion was made by Maureen Williams, seconded by Mike Ognosky, to approve the format as submitted. All Ayes
· Softball (Pat Patte): Softball Chairman, Pat Patte, reviewed the format for the upcoming District II Softball Playoffs. A motion was made by Joe Farrell, seconded by Frank Galicki, to approve the format as submitted. All Ayes
· Volleyball (Maureen Williams): Volleyball Chairperson, Maureen Williams, corrected the dates for the District II Boys’ Volleyball Championships. Play dates include May 21, May 22, and May 24.
· Track (Danielle Adams): In Danielle’s absence, Chairman Majikes reviewed a potential concern regarding the timing system for the upcoming Track and Field Championships. The Track Committee will meet, along with the District Chairman, to review any potential concerns and rectify those concerns prior to the competitions.
ITEM 6 Bill Schoen reviewed with the committee the results of his meeting with Chris Kucharski regarding the internet broadcasting of District Championship events. The matter will now be referred to the District II officers who will meet with Chris and report back to the committee at a future meeting.
ITEM 7 Chairman Majikes reviewed the format for the upcoming business meeting to be held at Arcaro & Genell’s in Old Forge on Wednesday, April 18th with registration beginning at 8 a.m.
· Mike Ognosky distributed the program and the group reviewed the material for any potential errors.
· Brad Cashman will be on hand representing the PIAA State Office and will review the potential amendments to the PIAA Constitution that will be voted on at the meeting.
· Discussion items on the agenda will include the proposed format for the District II Basketball Championships for the next two year cycle as well as the format for the PIAA State Basketball Championships during the next two year cycle.
ITEM 8 Chairman Majikes reviewed the correspondence that was sent to the President of the Carbondale Area School Board as discussed and directed at the March 28, 2012 board meeting.
ITEM 9 Chairman Majikes provided each member present with a copy of the PIAA Championship brackets for Baseball, Softball, Lacrosse, Girls’ Spring Soccer, Softball, Boys’ Tennis, and Boys’ Volleyball for this spring.
ITEM 10 A motion was made by Bill Schoen, seconded by Jim Higgins, to adjourn the meeting. All Ayes
Meeting was adjourned at 6:45 p.m.
District II Secretary