Meeting was convened at 5:00 p.m. by Chairman Majikes
ITEM 1 Chairman Majikes called the meeting to order at 5:00 p.m.
Absent but accounted for: Mike Ognosky, Tom Jenkins, Don Kanavy, Jim Marcks, Ross Scarantino, Frank Gallicki, Joe Lalli, Vito Quaglia
Advisors Present: Jim Sabatini, Phil Latinski, Don Rogers (District II Solicitor)
ITEM 2 A motion was made by Ray Lowery, seconded by Frank Victor, to approve the minutes of the November 19, 2008 meeting. All Ayes
ITEM 3 Frank Victor provided the committee with an update on the status of the Treasury following the completion of the winter sports’ season. He will provide a detailed report at the January meeting.
ITEM 4 A motion was made by Bill King, seconded by Jeff Gregory, to approve eligibility for John Cornell, Wilston National Boarding School to Holy Redeemer, in accordance with Article VI, Transfers and Residence, principal to principal sign off, effective immediately. All Ayes
ITEM 5 A motion was made by Jeff Gregory, seconded by Bill King, to approve eligibility for Amanda Gryskewicz, Holy Redeemer to Lake-Lehman, in accordance with Article VI, Transfers and Residence, principal to principal sign off, effective immediately. All Ayes
ITEM 6 Chairman Majikes reviewed the various topics that were discussed at the recent PIAA State Committee meeting including the following:
· A discussion was held regarding the officials background checks requirement that is under consideration by the committee. No official further action was taken at this time.
· A discussion regarding the potential to add Competitive Cheerleading as a PIAA recognized sport.
· A discussion regarding the potential for the change of the official football practice starting date. A vote of 22-7 against the moving of the fall practice starting date to August 10th was recorded.
· The change in the football playoff format for District II AA schools for the 2009-2010 season.
· Discussion was held regarding the Pennsylvania State Football Coaches’ Association for the consideration of 5 or 6 football classifications as opposed to the current number of 4 classifications.
ITEM 7 A motion was made by Ray Lowery, seconded by Frank Victor, to give approval to the request of Delaware Valley High School to schedule an 11th football game for the 2008 season. All Ayes
ITEM 8 A motion was made by Mike Costanza, seconded by Ray Lowery, to adjourn the meeting. All Ayes
Meeting was adjourned at 5:30 p.m.